Tuesday, November 01, 2005

evil runs amok

Here you see the bastard child of Skeletor and Pumpkinhead toying with his latest victims, Death Row Dad and Brain-Dead Zombie Mom. First he eats his thumb... then he consumes his ghoulish prey... and then he devours the entire WORLD!!! Moo! Hoo! Ha! Ha! Ha!

And yes, that is a glass of beer in BDZM's hand. It's Guinness and my midwife TOLD me to drink it. She says all that iron, potassium, and magnesium is good for breastfeeding moms -- helps the milk come in. So yeah, I drink beer. Pints of it. But I'm doing it for the baby! I swear!

(Okay, so maybe my midwife didn't explicitly tell me to drink pints of the stuff. But hey, we live in North America, the land where more is always better. Right? Right?)

4 comments:

Erin Whalen said...

Hmm... now that I think of it, Milo DID sleep through the night last night.

Yay Guinness!

Laura said...

They actually give you brown beer in the hospitals here after you give birth to "bring the milk in". Personally I can not stand Guiness, but that was one refreshing drink of beer after 9 months of not being able to go near the stuff :-)

BTW, great costumes! I wish they did Halloween here.

Anonymous said...

My husband heard about Guiness and breastfeeding so made me batch of double chocolate stout homebrew. It's amazing and beats guiness for taste. It also certainly increases milk supply -- but I need to be wary of what I wish for. The result is lots of milk at night that leaks and soaks the sheets because Alex can't drink it all (and sometimes he sleeps through the night too!) So more laundry!

Anonymous said...

I realize this has nothing to do with babies or diapers or pails. But I did a google search and found this site. What was I googling, you may wonder? I googled "Erin Whalen" because that's my name as well, and I am bored. Just thought it was interesting!