Thursday, December 08, 2005

So many Milos, never to be seen again

We've lost our digital camera. Dear lord, we're parenting blind. We've gone DAYS without taking a picture of Milo -- days and days and days. Rob's going into withdrawal. He's developed a permanent twitch. It's not pretty.

We've torn the house upside down, looking everywhere for the silly thing, so far without any luck. Meanwhile, Milo keeps on getting older. And older. My god, he's almost five and a half months old -- and we haven't taken a picture of him since he was just over four months old. Garrgh! Over 20% of his life has gone undocumented and will forever be lost in the foggy haze of unrecorded history. For if we can't provide physical evidence of it, how will we ever be able to prove it really happened?

We weren't able to take a picture of his first ride in the jolly jumper. We haven't yet captured any images of him doing his modified version of the bow pose during tummy time. And we have no video of him babbling his first string consonants ("Da da da da da da da!").

Do you SEE what kind of crisis we're dealing with here???

Thank goodness Christmas is right around the corner. Here's hoping that Santa has us on his "nice" list...

A rare photo taken of the elusive pumpkin-pelted Milo Man, taken with his Gramma's camera

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm constantly losing all my stuff - keys, camera, brain, whatever. you're not alone.

Unknown said...

Ours broke awhile back. I'm still twitching. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I have ongoing guilt because there's like 7 million pictures of our firstborn, but with the 2nd kid you start to cut down on the frequency of picture taking. We'll go a couple of weeks without any pics, and we know exactly where our digital camera is. At least you have an excuse! :-)

Erin Whalen said...

Nancy, speaking as a second child myself, may I suggest that you get that camera and take a couple of dozen pictures of your younger child right this very second!

I know... probably easier said than done. It's just that it always made me feel a bit like a second class citizen to see so many pictures of my brother as a young baby and so few of myself. And of course, 90% of the pictures that WERE taken of me had my brother in them as well.

Trust me... avoid the inevitable guilt trips your second child will saddle you with later in life -- take a flurry of pictures of him or her while you still can!

Anonymous said...

OK, Diaper Dame and Moonface -- I'm getting out the camera now!

(though I should add, the baby's got a little bit of an advantage in terms of the written record of her childhood -- I never kept a diary when my older daughter was a baby, but with the baby I've got a lot of stuff documented via my blog. So I am not completely negligent!) ;-)