Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Publish or perish

It’s been all blogging, all the time, over here at the Whalen-Emmerson household – ever since my beloved husband started writing not one, but TWO blogs of his own. You can find his words of wisdom at Dread Pirate Robert with links to Milo pictures. There is also his sillier site, The Superfluous Nipple, if you're curious about that.

Rob is a humourous, insightful writer whose postings offer valuable commentary on the human condition. Plus, he has three nipples, and one of them is pierced. Really… what more could a girl want?

That being said, I’d now like to castigate my beloved husband for ALWAYS STEALING MY BLOG IDEAS BEFORE I GET A CHANCE TO WRITE THEM UP AS POSTS!!!

It’s just a tad frustrating, I tell you, to check out one of Rob’s blogs and discover that the whole time I’ve been trying to settle Milo down for his nap, HE’S been writing a blog entry about the VERY SAME TOPIC I was planning to tackle as soon as Milo was asleep! Sheesh! Sure, he may have fathered Milo and washed every single load of diapers since the day he was born, but I figure I still own the intellectual property rights to the boy.

So, in order to remind Rob who has first dibs on all Milo-related topics, I’d greatly appreciate it if you copied and pasted the following text and left it as a comment on one of Rob’s blogs:

Dear Rob, while you are an incredibly perceptive writer and while I enjoy reading your posts and seeing pictures of people with three or more nipples, I must confess to feeling a certain sympathy for your poor wife, who – due to her endlessly self-sacrificing devotion to your son – is unable to spend as much time in front of a computer as you, and is therefore unable to post her blog entries about parenting young Milo as quickly and often as you are. For this reason, I think it advisable for you to submit all future blog ideas in writing to your lovely wife for approval PRIOR to posting them on one of your blogs, in order to refrain from inadvertently stealing any more of her ideas. Better yet, why not spend several hours a day acting as her scribe, typing up her blogs for her when she has her hands full with your son. Because if you don’t, tiny birds will peck out your pupils and strangers will spit in your soup. Yours truly, a Concerned Reader.

There. That should do it.



You see how he's horning in on my territory?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at work. But you would know, Erin -- that's not so unusual;).

Dread Pirate Robert said...

Dear Erin,

Your comments are both gut-wrenchingly funny and tear-jerkingly poignant. Mine are better.

Love,
Robert