Saturday, September 10, 2005

Mi nutrimento es su nutrimento

M. de Poop Machine smiling as he cooks up another dollop of diaper pudding

Okay, it’s like this: the day after I’ve scarfed down a bunch of spinach or other dark leafy greens, Milo has these huge poops that are such a bright, deep shade of emerald green, it’s as if all the world’s remaining rainforests have crawled up his butt and died there – or at least decided to hide there until the logging companies find some other natural resource to pick on.

At first, this didn’t strike me as being particularly unusual. Of course the nutrients from the food I eat get passed on to Milo. Duh.

But then I started thinking… the milk that comes out of my body is WHITE. It’s not like there are little flakes of spinach or kale in it. By what strange alchemical process does white breast milk, in its passage through Milo’s body, turn into dark green poop? The mind wobbles!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin Whalen said...

Thanks for your expert input, pinksaturn lady! Good to know it's no big deal. Still, I wonder -- why so GREEN?

Anonymous said...

That's totally weird. I have never seen that with any kid I've nannied. Martian poop!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin! Rob sent your link, now one of my daily stops. My email coming via your email...

Anonymous said...

wait can't find your address on here. here's mine:

namsler at telus dot net