Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Holy crap, here we go again

I'm pregnant.

Yes, once again, after a grand total of one, count 'em, *1* time of officially "trying," the Dread Pirate and I have managed to hit the jackpot.

And once again, I knew I was pregnant within roughly 30 seconds of conception.

The only difference THIS time around was that whenever I said, "I think I'm pregnant" during those two long weeks between conception and being able to take a home pregnancy test, instead of rolling his eyes and saying, "Don't be ridiculous -- we only tried once!" or "How could you possibly KNOW that?" the Pirate's response was, "Of course you are." -- accompanied with the occasional deep sigh or rolling of the eyes.

(He's now convinced that I'm able to impregnate myself on demand, with a little help from him and his wee "pals," of course.)

And so here I am, sitting in front of a computer at work, biting back yawns and pretending to work while surreptitiously Googling "cloth diapers" to see what new and wonderful hemp-fleece-pockety creations have appeared online in the past couple of years.

It's going to be a long 30 weeks, I tell you.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the opportunity to become reacquainted with some long-lost friends... my boobs.

Nice to have you back, girls!!!


This is me in May 2005, when I was about 8 months
pregnant with Milo...
I'm currently only at 10 weeks
and already my belly feels bigger than that. Whee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Erin! So it wasn't just the bad fish huh?! ;)