Saturday, August 11, 2007

How does he KNOW?

So I was having a dream in which a certain handsome dark-haired pirate and I were in a hotel room in some kind of Disneyland/Las Vegas-like holiday locale, and a bunch of other people were in the room with us, and we REALLY REALLY wanted them to leave so we could start getting friendly with each other -- but the others wouldn't leave, they just kept yammering about all the places they wanted to visit, food they wanted to eat, shows they wanted to see, and they wouldn't take our pointed hints indicating that we wanted them to get the fuck OUT of there and leave us alone already.

And then, when they DID finally saunter out of the room, each lingering over one last long drawn-out goodbye, and the handsome dark-haired pirate and I were finally able to close the door and fall into each other's arms --

-- a voice called out to me from the room next door: "MOMMY! Get up! Milo awake!"

Sigh. Even in my dreams, we can't get lucky. I'm pretty sure that boy is angling to be an only child.

No comments: