Thursday, July 26, 2007

Love

In response to my Meg Fowler's challenge, here are things I love:

  • Milo's non-stop narrative, describing exactly what he's doing at any given moment of the day: "Milo running fast! Milo climbing! Milo read a book! Milo hitting Mummy!"

    (Okay, so I'm not so particularly fond of that last one.)

  • The miracle of being allowed to sleep to 7:30 a.m (It's happened about three times since Milo was born)

  • When writing, getting so into the world I'm creating that I actually forget myself and time ceases to have any meaning

  • Doing yoga and listening to birds celebrate the sun rising

  • Riding my bike to work

  • Sitting on a patio with a cold beer and good friends, watching the sun go down

  • Bras with straps that don't slide down my arms

  • Freshly washed bedsheets

  • Watching a really great sci-fi show with Rob, and actually being surprised by a plot twist (Happens all too rarely)

  • Grilled asparagus, sprinkled with lemon, salt and pepper

  • Walking in the woods -- in any weather, at any time of year -- and marveling at the countless shades of green

  • Going to the park across the street and having all the neighborhood kids shout, "Hi Milo!" on our arrival

  • Prawns and all things shrimpy. I KNOW they're horribly overfished and we're all going to die soon because the ocean is being scoured of its inhabitants, but god help me, I love the shrimp.

  • Random run-ins with friends I haven't seen forever -- and realizing that the passage of time hasn't weakened our friendship one bit

  • Books that make me laugh

  • Books that make me think about things in a new light

    And finally...

  • Pirates.

No comments: